It’s the great Muddy Roots “Homecoming!” We’re calling all bands and friends from around the globe to come on back home to the field that started it all. Over 100 bands are playing! You can expect everything from Bluegrass, Country, Folk, Americana, Blues to Punk Rock and everything in between. This is the #1 DIY fest in the world which really means it’s a big ass backyard party.
This is just the first 50 bands announced! Earlybird tickets have sold out. Weekend passes include FREE camping and hot showers. Not to mention that beauty of a waterfall we have a half mile up the road.
DO NOT MISS THIS. DO NOT LET YOUR FRIENDS MISS THIS. DON’T LET YOUR ENEMIES MISS THIS! It’ll change all their lives.
Earlybird tickets are already sold out. Weekend passes are capped. This will absolutely sell out.
Photos by www.andhowimaging.com
Eagle illustrated by Milton Chavez Tattoo #themilt
There’s nothing like rolling down the tracks in a vintage 1950’s streamliner train while sipping wine with your friends en route to a vineyard. Add in live music by bands on the train and at the winery and you have a party! This 21+ trip is the way to spend the day in style.
We have 3 trips planned. Unfortunately the first one sold out 4 months ago. That is our Fall Foliage tour on November 5th. But fear not my fellow winos, we have more!
Take your loved one or hell, just bring your gal pals aboard the “Valentine’s Wine On The Rails” February 4th.
That is going to book up fast. The Dome seats already half gone.
Maybe you prefer our “Summer Wine On The Rails” day excursion on June 10th? Sit in comfort in our air conditioned passenger cars and roll with out a care in the world. Music and dancing indoors at the DelMonaco Vineyards.
Vintage or evening attire encouraged.
Make your plans today!
Photos by And How Imaging
Muddy Roots Records is ordering all of its officials to fly home any bands living or touring abroad and within U.S. territories amid heightened tensions over the prospect of global music distribution war, it has been claimed.
Independent touring artists and high-ranking figures are said to have received a warning from Promoter In Chief, Galaz to bring their loved-ones home to the ‘Fatherland’, according to local media. “Fatherland” meaning the home of which American roots music primarily comes from, The South.
Galaz stated “It’s time to come home. It’s time for everyone to come back to the field. We must stand together. The Muddy Roots homecoming is Sep 1-4, 2017.”
Attendees will each obtain free camping and access to showers with purchase of ticket to support the pilgrimage back. MUDDY ROOTS 2017 TICKETS HERE
It comes after Galaz cancelled a planned visit to Music Row amid a furious row over Muddy Root’s role in the music industry and just days after it emerged Galaz had moved scores of independent bands across the Belgian and Brazilian borders.The plan is based on a world wide strategy of uniting the underground music scenes to strengthen independent artist’s revenue streams. Basically, to keep bands on the road touring and playing music while the mainstream media and music companies monopolize the industry.
Formidable music industry leader T-Bone Burnett has also warned that the world is at a ‘dangerous point’ due to rising tensions between Music Row and the consumer.
(Sept. 21, 2016 – Source: Anna Webber/Getty Images North America)
At a key note address during the recent Americana Fest, T-Bone said:“We live in a time in which artists are being stampeded from one bad deal to another worse deal. No one asks the artists. We are told to get good at marketing. I have to say- and I think I probably speak for every musician here- that I didn’t start playing music because I sought, or thought it would lead to, a career in marketing.
And, as we are being told that, our work is being commoditised- the price of music is being driven down to zero.” and “So the iTopians have controlled the medium and the message for a generation now. And they are making a complete hash of things.”
We have reason to believe that T-Bone Burnett would support Galaz and his band of merry Muddy Roots attendees.
The 5th annual Muddy Roots Spring Weekender hosted by Muddy Roots Music Recordings! Limited to 500 tickets. This is our mini version of the big Muddy Roots Music Festival, more like a family reunion or roots music company picnic. Nestled away in the hollars of Brown County, Indiana with 1000 acres of beautiful trees and a lake. Music from 12 to 12 Friday and Saturday.
Electric RV sites and cabins for rent through firstname.lastname@example.org
Tent camping is free.
Legendary Shack Shakers, O’Death, Jimmy “Duck” Holmes, Jayke Orvis, Pine Hill Haints, Joseph Huber, Mountain Sprout, The Tillers, Brook Blanche, Dylan Walshe, Billy Cook, Left Lane Cruiser, Toe Knee Tea, Joey Henry’s Dirty Sunshine Club, Pearls Mahone, Freight Train Rabbit Killer, Matt Heckler, Rock Bottom String Band.
We’re almost there folks! Here is the 2nd official band and dj announcement for the 2017 Nashville Boogie Vintage Weekender & Car Show. We’re growing rapidly and want to keep you up to date on a few new things.
Get yer dang tickets dude! Go to nashvilleboogie.com
All the new additions are in orange.
Welcome friends old and new! We’ve been doing this 7 years now. Can you believe it? What started as a small 300 person festival has spawned in to 6 boutique fests worldwide and a record label. It means there are more folks out there who love the music we love. That’s old country and blues all the way up to punk rock and everything in between. None of that new crap on pop radio.
We thought we’d take this opportunity to inform new folks and remind returning attendees of the rules as well as some basic info.
Looking for tickets to this festival? We have weekend and select day passes HERE.
You can also check out videos of each band there and follow the band schedule for all 3 stages.
Getting to town early? We’re hosting a pre-pre-party Wednesday 8/31 at Duke’s in East Nashville. 10pm to 3 am. It’s FREE but only available to ages 21 and up. More info HERE.
Want to arrive onsite early? You can show up anytime after 2pm on Thursday. It’s just $10 extra for the pre-party at Junebug. You may only come to this if you have or are getting a weekend pass. More info HERE.
Let’s start now with rules. We have a saying at Muddy Roots which encompasses all the rules in to one, “DON’T BE A DICK” Seriously, we are all adults here. This is not some teenage rock party. We all know how to act in public, when to stop drinking and not to touch things that aren’t ours. We are super laid back but will make a point to throw you out if you bother anyone. For legal reasons we are going clearly define some rules whether they be the venues or ours.
1) You may not bring any weapons. This should be obvious. That includes your belt knife.
2) Folks sneaking in aren’t funny. It’s theft and we will prosecute.
3) Don’t touch things or people. You aren’t 6, we shouldn’t have to tell you that. Thankfully we haven’t had problems yet.
4) NO FIREWORKS! Might as well call the cops yourself.
5) NO PETS! Medical dogs with papers, tags, and a legit story are approved. Don’t try to bullshit us. We can tell you are lying. (I’m looking at you train kids.)
6) Have fun. Stay up all night singing. But be courteous of people trying to sleep nearby.
7) NO DRIVING IN THE GRASS AT NIGHT!! People sleep in it.
8) No minors without parental supervision. You will be asked to leave.
9) You may not drive golf carts on the property.
10)Drunk driving will get you arrested on the ranch.
Here are a few things that you MAY do.
1) You can bring your own beer. Although the 2 bars onsite have super cheap beer. Them selling brews is how we are able to use the property.
2) You may cook your own food. Although we have some rad food vendors.
3) You may bring a kiddie pool and have the venue fill it up for $20.
4)You may stay stay up all night long at campfire jams, get drunk and be merry.
5) You may park and camp anywhere except vendor row. But don’t drive your car in the grass at night. You never know where people are sleeping.
6) You may have campfires. Be careful.
7) You may come and go.
8) You may come anytime after 2pm on Thursday. The gates will not close until Monday morning.
Here are some helpful tips and basic info:
1) Tickets for 2017 will go on sale Sunday. Buy early to save. 2017 TICKET LINK
2) You can buy our merchandise and vinyl records from the merch tent and opt to have them shipped to your home. Just ask!
3) Want to be a vendor next year. Ask Jason at the merch tent for an app.
4) Want to advertise to our crowds. Also, Jason.
5) Please drink water and moderate the booze. Dehydration can put you in the hospital.
6) You will receive a trash bag upon entry. Please keep your campsite clean.
7) The venue has the portapottie folks come by twice daily to clean the toilets but it wouldn’t hurt to have extra TP on person.
8) Baby wipes and Gold Bond are your friends.
9) The venue sells beer cheap. Like $3 tall cans. Not festival pricing at all.
10) We have a variety of vendors ranging from clothes to brisket chili. Get some.
11) Be cool man. If you see the headliner walking around the crowd watching bands leave them alone. Say hi of course but let them check out the bands too. We all just want to enjoy ourselves. This is the beauty of Muddy Roots. There is no division between fans and bands.
12) We have an open mic. Just show up and sign up. Limited space but plenty of it. 30 minute sets. Share.
That’s mostly it. Just have a good time and look out for each other.
The ultimate celebration in Mid-Century American music and culture is back! We’re announcing the first half of the 2017 Nashville Boogie Vintage Weekender & Car Show. Sign up HERE for our postcard mailing list and newsletter here to be first to know about the final lineup and to receive gifts in the mail.
Earlybird weekend passes have sold out. Standard weekend passes can be purchased HERE while they last. Go ahead and grab your hotel room while you’re there. Wed & Thursday are at full capacity for now but there are plenty during the main event Friday through Sunday. We suspect more will open up for the early days later.
Nashville Boogie Vintage Weekender is presented by Muddy Roots Music Recordings.
Muddy Roots Records will take the reins on the 5th annual MoonRunners Fest and keep the momentum of the event moving forward with expected growth. Founded in 2013 by Jahshie P (Outlaw Radio Chicago), in partnership with Reggie’s Rock Club to represent the underground Country, Americana, Deep Blues, Folk to Punk Rock music scenes in the area.
“I have been friends with Jason and Muddy Roots for years now, and I have always admired the business ethic. Bringing them aboard for MoonRunners will only make our future brighter and full of new options” – Jahshie P
Muddy Roots had served as inspiration for this event so it only makes sense to join forces in show of support. In July of 2016 Muddy Roots provided on site merchandising through it’s promotional items division “Power Merch.” Festival t-shirts were printed and many of the band’s shirts and records were sold as an added service. (www.powermerch.com) An opportunity for growth was identified as well as a need for more support. Jahshie P will stay on to book and assist in running the event as usual while Muddy Roots will add some strength to the core as well as promotions with the new ownership.
MoonRunners 5 will take place May 5-6, 2017. The indoor event will continue to be on 2 stages over both days. Booking for this event will begin the first week of August. Presales to be announced at a later date.